I am participating in a blog challenge this month. It is 30 Days about Me from a Daily Dose of Toni
Today’s topic is something that I am OCD about.
Well I guess today is the day that I pull back all the layers and you see what is under my skin. My deepest, darkest, secrets that few have ever seen and sometimes I am afraid to even mention….
Well, this is not a horror thriller or a look into the psychotic mind. No, it just a few things that I am OCD about. No, I do not count to 10 and then backwards all day long or turn on and off (and on and off…) the bathroom light, nor do I only eat cheesy potatoes for every meal and nothing else.
They are in no particular order:
- If I am on a plane or in a movie theater, concert, sporting event, whatever– no matter what I HAVE to sit in the aisle seat. I do this for one reason and one reason only– FIRE! In case of a fire I am boogieing to the next exit as fast as super-humanly possible. I don’t care if the door has one of those alarm things I am getting outta there! Hmmm. Makes you wonder about the plane then? Nope. Got that covered. I have 169 skydive jumps under my belt.
- I have to always, no matter what, eat a slice of pizza from the pointy end.
- I have to shave my whiskers every other day whether I need it or not. I have tried to tell my sons that the worse thing you can ever start is shaving. Is it something that does not get better with age.
- It I get sand on my feet or Oh forbid! in my pants I must run, immediately at a full sprint to the closest shower and wash it off. I love the beach but I hate the sand.
- I absolutely freak out if I am sleeping on the wrong side of the bed. It has to be on my right side. If I am forced to sleep on the left someone is going to be cranky in the morning.
- Speaking of sleeping… I must have three pillows–the extra soft ones–no lumpy or hard ones allowed.
Seriously folks, these are the things that make me who I am, I guess, but my true obsession at the moment is Foursquare.
I am a Foursquare junkie. I make it a point to check in (almost) everywhere I go and I don’t care if people are stalking me or worry about privacy. If they have something to say, come over and say hi. I am a big boy, I can handle the freaky hide-behind-the-bushes guy.
Check it out.