“No one is a hero for simply doing their job which they are trained for and which they freely choose to do.”
I saw this posted the other day on a social media site and it immediatley floored me. Then I got to thinking and several things came up:
1. Do hereos even want to be looked upon as heroes?
2. What about fathers? I think they are the greatest heroes in the world.
3. What is hero worship and is it a bad thing?
4. Why are people thought of differently posthumous (ie. war heroes)?
5. Why are athletes looked upon as heroes?
What are your thoughts on this?
Robert Forto | Team Ineka | Alaska Dog Works | Mushing Radio | Dog Works Radio | Denver Dog Works | Daily Post
Robert Forto is a musher training for his first Iditarod under the Team Ineka banner and the host of the popular radio shows, Mush! You Huskies and Dog Works Radio Shows