To make this spooky Halloween cocktail you will need:
- ½ cup bourbon
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 4 orange slices
- 4-6 splashes bitters – see note 1
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 cup ice
- large ice cubes
- 2 sprigs rosemary – see note 2
Pour the bourbon and maple syrup into a cocktail shaker. Add the ice, orange slices and sprig of rosemary.
Shake well for at least 30 seconds.
Add the ice to a short whisky glass and strain over the prepared cocktail.
Garnish with a fresh stem of rosemary and use a kitchen blow torch or long match to set it on fire. (see note 2)
- To enhance the maple and bourbon pick a bitters from this list.
- orange bitters
- grapefruit bitters
- rosemary bitters
- smoke bitters
- or experiment with some new combinations.
- If the smoking rosemary isn’t your thing, you can either garnish the cocktail with an orange slice or curl of zest. Or use the rosemary but don’t set it on fire.
- The fresher your rosemary the less likely it is to just set on fire and the more likely it is to just smoke.