- 1 lb. small red-skinned or Yukon Gold potatoes, each about 1 1/2
inches in diameter or cut if larger
For the alehouse marinade:
- 3/4 cup ale or beer. We used Alaskan Summer Ale
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup spicy tomato juice
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. hot-pepper sauce, such as Tabasco. We used Franks
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 fresh or dried bay leaves, broken in half
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless London Broil, about 1 1/2 inches thick, cut into
1 1/2-inch cubes
Grill the skewers over the hottest part of a charcoal fire or directly over the heat elements of a gas grill, turning to char all sides, until the potatoes are browned and the meat is cooked to your liking, 7 to 9 minutes total for medium-rare meat.
Transfer the skewers to warmed individual plates and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Adapted from a recipe found on Williams-Sonoma.com